Thursday, September 4, 2008

Splenda Goes To Court

All of us have been warned about the dangers of NutraSweet (Aspartame) and Saccharin. Then came Splenda.

Splenda is the synthetic compound sucralose, discovered in 1976 by scientists in Britain seeking a new pesticide formulation. Oh my! This fake sugar is made by replacing hydroxyl groups in the sugar molecule with chlorine. There are no long-term studies of the side effects of Splenda in humans. The manufacturer's own short-term studies showed that sucralose caused shrunken thymus glands and enlarged livers and kidneys in rodents. But the FDA approved Splenda anyway. As a result, Splenda is now one of the most ubiquitous ingredients in low calorie processed foods. From Organic Consumer’s Association, Organic Bytes #125, 1/4/2008
Learn more: http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_9306.cfm
Go to http://www.organicconsumers.org/organicbytes.cfm to subscribe

The recent number of lawsuits against Splenda highlights the increasing risk companies face from litigation over comparative or misleading ad claims. Some of these cases are being turned into very expensive class-action suits. http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/4212264-1.html 8/1/05

Go to http://www.splendaexposed.com/articles/2007/03/citizens_for_he.html for articles on the adverse health effects of Splenda and a new book by Dr. Janet Hull, Splenda: Is It Safe Or Not, reveals the scientific evidence suggesting that Splenda may harm your body. Visit Is Splenda Safe.com and http://www.truthaboutsplenda.com/ for more information.
Splenda (Sucralose) is Not Splendid
Animal research has shown that sucralose can cause many problems, such as:

Thymus gland atrophy (up to 40% shrinkage)
Enlarged liver and kidneys
Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus
Increased cecal weight
Reduced growth rate
Decreased red blood cell count
Hyperplasia of the pelvis
Extension of the pregnancy period
Aborted pregnancy
Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights

Complaints from my Spenda-consuming clients
Diarrhea
Tasted horrible
Stomach cramps
Nausea sometimes with vomiting
Mental/emotional problems for which anti-psychotic drugs are prescribed

Dr. Mercola, who provides articles on Splenda on www.Mercola.com , says, “I have a number of patients in our Wellness Center who have had some severe migraines and even seizures possibly from consuming this product.”

Splenda is about 98% pure. Guess what’s in the other 2%? Small amounts of lead, arsenic, triphenilphosphine oxide, methanol (wood alcohol), chlorinated disaccharides and chlorinated monosaccharide.

There is no evidence that fake sugars of any kind help you lose weight. There is, however, some evidence that chemical sugars may stimulate your appetite. Oops.

Splenda (sucralose) can be found in many food and beverage categories: Baked goods and baking mixes; chewing gum; confections and frostings; salad dressings; fruit and water ices; jams and jellies; processed fruits and fruit juices; sweet sauces, toppings and syrups; beverages and beverage bases; coffee and tea drinks; fake dairy products; frozen dairy desserts and mixes; gelatins; puddings and fillings; milk products and sugar substitutes. This adds up to 3,500 food products.

To stay well, stay close to Mother Earth. Seek organic whole foods. If you like it and it doesn’t make you sick, eat it. If it does, I bet you need digestive enzymes!

Labels: , ,

Get 

Acrobat Reader
  FREE Plug-in to view 
  or print  our documents!

1- 503-775-2251


Notice: I am a chemist and an enzyme nutritionist, not a medical doctor. I do not diagnose, prescribe for, treat or claim to prevent, mitigate or cure any human diseases. I provide enzymes and other dietary supplements to improve digestion and to nourish and support normal function and structure of the body. If you suspect any disease, please consult your physician.

The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements and the formulations listed are not intended to diagnose, prescribe for, treat or claim to prevent, mitigate or cure any human disease. They are intended for nutritional support only. The third party information referred to herein is neither adopted nor endorsed by this web site but is provided for general informational purposes.


ThemeMagic.com - powerful & affordable self edit web sites and e-

commerce stores.Free web site by esseff Digital, LLC.© 2007, Lita Lee, Ph. D., All rights reserved.
To use any content or information on this site, you must obtain express written permission.