Nutritional Causes and Remedies for Dizziness
2) Inner ear problems can cause dizziness. Thera-zyme TRMA is excellent for edema (anywhere including the ears) and infections. Labrynthitis is an inflammation of the inner ear that is often a complication of otitis media (inflammation of the middle ear). The primary symptoms of labrynthitis are vertigo (dizziness), accompanied by hearing loss and tinnitus (ringing in the ears) Vertigo occurs because the inner ear controls the sense of balance as well as hearing. Some patients also experience nausea and vomiting and spontaneous eye movements in the direction of the unaffected ear. Bacterial labrynthitis may produce a discharge from the infected ear.
3) Meniere's disease, vertigo and tinnitus are three conditions that are very closely related. While not all tinnitus sufferers experience vertigo, nearly everyone with Meniere's disease experiences severe vertigo, tinnitus, hearing loss and a feeling of fullness in the ears. This can be very frightening and a typical episode can last from two to four hours to more than a day or longer. Meniere's disease is progressive and can result in permanent hearing damage. According to Dr Ray Peat, “Meniere's is a fluid accumulation, caused by different things, including hypothyroidism, but sometimes increasing salt helps it. Tinnitus, besides the thyroid connection, is usually caused by bowel inflammation. Assuming the person isn’t taking estrogen, thyroid with magnesium should fix it.” Food sources of magnesium: coconut water, coffee, organic dark chocolate and many whole organic foods are high in magnesium. Thera-zyme TRMA is good for edema (fluid in the ears or anywhere).
4) Low blood pressure can cause dizziness and fainting. This is triggered or exacerbated by certain drugs, such as diuretics and beta blockers and ACE inhibitors for hypertension, especially if an excess is taken. Thyroid glandulars can normalize blood pressure (up or down). Coleus forskohlii normalizes structure and function in people with high blood pressure.
5) Neck or upper cervical problems (C1 or atlas, C2 and C3) can cause many symptoms including abnormal gate, dizziness sometimes leading to nausea and vomiting, headaches including migraines, hypertension and other health conditions. Chiropractic adjustments are recommended plus Thera-zyme Sym enzyme, 4 caps 3x/d to relieve symptoms and 2 caps 3x/d to hold chiropractic adjustments.
6) Fluoride, in water, toothpastes, black, green and white teas and in commercial foods, can cause dizziness and seizures in susceptible people because of its thyroid inhibiting effects. Sensitive people can get a seizure while taking a hot shower. The remedy is to avoid all sources of fluoride and to get a water purifier that removes fluoride.
Note: this list does not include dizziness caused by many prescription drugs.
Articles: Hypothyroidism http://www.litalee.com/shopexd.asp?id=180, Cardiovascular Problems http://www.litalee.com/shopexd.asp?id=217, Estrogen, Progesterone And Female Problems http://www.litalee.com/shopexd.asp?id=198, http://www.litalee.com/shopexd.asp?id=142